There is no doubt that the UPS Store Franchise is one of the most highly valued brands in the market. Regardless of where in the world you have established the store franchise, you will relish public trust. Perhaps this is the main reason why most people tend to pursue a UPS Careers.
Nonetheless, what are some of the pros and cons of either opting to establish a UPS Store Franchise or pursue a career as a UPS driver, mechanic or delivery man?
The Pros and Cons of Establishing a UPS Store Franchise
Listed below are some of the pros and cons of opting to establish a UPS Store Franchise:
– Innovative Technology: Perhaps the greatest advantage that you stand to gain by opting to start a UPS Store Franchise is the innovative digital information system that has been adopted by the brand. The key reason by UPS has the capacity to deliver up to 15 million parcels, mails and documents in a day is because of the highly enhanced information system it has put in place.
– Market Leading Brand in its Class: The Entrepreneur Magazine has for the past 19 years, UPS has been voted as the number one franchise brand in its class.
Therefore, you can rest assured that you will be able to get a return on your investments by opting to establish a UPS Store Franchise in your city.
– Doubtful Profit Margins: Possibly, the only disadvantage of opting to establish a UPS Store Franchise is the fact that you have to make more than $30,000 in sales on a monthly basis in order to realize profits.
Whereas the prospects of opting to invest in a UPS Store Franchise are numerous, it is highly recommended that you do due diligence before making such an investment. Do not be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Furthermore, make certain that the selected location is ideal for generating at least $30,000 in sales on a monthly basis.
The Pros and Cons of Opting to Pursue a UPS Careers
Even though a UPS Careers may seem quite challenging, there are numerous benefits of choosing to work as a UPS driver, mechanic or delivery man.
Before delving deeper into the pros and cons of pursuing a career at the UPS, let’s first of all look at some of the qualifications you need to work at a UPS Store Franchise.
UPS Delivery Man
In order to secure a job as a UPS delivery man, you need to have the strength to between 25 and 35 lbs. In addition, you have to ace a DOT Physical test.
In order to work as a maintenance mechanic, you need to have experience and expertise in 3-phase motors, conveyors as well as electrical troubleshooting. Moreover, you will be required to possess a set of fundamental mechanic hand tools.
In order to secure a job as an automotive mechanic at the UPS, you need to have experience and expertise in troubleshooting both clutch and manual transmission. You also need to be at least 21 years old with experience and skills in managing standard transmission automobiles. Other requirements include CDL certification and DOT driving proficiency.
The Pros of Working at UPS
– Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
– Numerous opportunities for promotions.
– Financial support of up to $3,000 for part-time employees who are in college.
The Cons of Working at UPS
– You have to wait for more than 1 month before being included in the healthcare scheme.
– Working as a part-time employee at UPS is physically straining.
Therefore if you are ready for a promising career at UPS, simply log into the official website and view some of the job openings that are currently available.